Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little of this & that.. Also some advice please?

This is my little man last Monday at 30 weeks 6 days. I along with my whole family think he has my nose :) I am now 32 weeks!!! YAY!!! I cant wait to meet him! I am going to Florida this weekend for my baby shower the family is throwing me & I am super excited! My mom is flying in Thursday night & then we leave early Friday morning, I am coming back Sunday with a friend. A friend who lives here is throwing me a diaper shower on the 23rd & then I have Maternity Pictures May 1st. This month is going to FLY by, but then that makes meeting my little man come that much sooner :-)

Now I dont like to vent but I need to vent a little... My husband has started this business with selling stuff online, you have to go to meetings every week either Tuesday or Thursday night. Then they have like Grand Openings to show people the products on Saturdays but not every Saturday. The end of this month there is a function for the business April 29-May 1 and its in Kentucky. I will be almost 36weeks pregnant and he wants me to go with him on a 10hr drive there & then 10hrs back. I have told him numerous times I dont think its a good idea to go for either of us. 1 because you have to pay like 60$ a ticket per person then buy food & room. Ive told him I thought we should save that money for the baby or emergency but he blows up! Is it wrong that I dont think its a good idea?

2 comments:

  1. Nope - you are right on the money. Unfortunately, he may be seeing it as a competition between him and the baby as to who comes first. Right now, even though you are pregnant, the baby is actually an abstract "thing" not a real person who eats, sleeps, cries etc. He also may not understand exactly how expensive babies are. Or how tiring they can be. Does he have any friends with babies? They can start talking about things with him.... how expensive diapers are, if you can't (or choose not to) breast feed then formula has to be worked into the equation. You may need to work out the dollars and cents and go over it together... FFSC should have a class with all the information and a breakdown of costs as well. I think it would be a good idea for you to sit down and talk about your concerns and the dollars and cents of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he has friends with babies & they have even told him its not a good idea but he says "Im going!"

    ReplyDelete